Village Support for Businesses
Winnetka’s Community Development and Economic Development departments have worked diligently to support businesses as events surrounding COVID-19 continually transform retail and restaurant climates. The Village collaborates with businesses to provide support in numerous ways:
- Offering direct assistance for businesses through phone calls, emails, socially-distanced visits, and providing tailored advice. To set up an appointment, please email Liz Dechant, Economic Development Coordinator or call her at 847-716-3528.
- Sharing updated COVID-19 information about regulations and financial resources. This information also appears in the E-Developments e-newsletter to our business community. Sign up for the E-Developments newsletter here.
- Relaxing A-frame signage rules to temporarily allow businesses for use sidewalk signage for marketing.
- Launching a health awareness campaign through materials supplied by the Winnetka-Northfield-Glencoe chamber of Commerce. Download “wear a mask” signage from the Chamber’s website.
- Maintaining and promoting a Business Directory of Winnetka businesses.
- Promoting businesses and events on the Village’s social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Streamlining the Employee Zone A Parking Pass renewal process by creating an online option.
- Allowing the temporary sale of cocktails and mixed drinks to-go at restaurants with a Class A, Class A-1, Class A-2, and Class Y liquor license. These restaurants must follow rules as established by the State of Illinois’s Liquor Control Act including those specifying the type of tamper-evident container the cocktail must be served in, the specifications of the label and the rules pertaining to delivery of the cocktails.