Redevelopment of 93 Green Bay Road
The Village Council continues to complete its due diligence as it makes its final selection of the preferred developer for the Village-owned property at 93 Green Bay Road, which is located on the southeast corner of Green Bay Road and Winnetka Avenue.
In the spring of 2021, the Village released a request for proposal for the redevelopment of the site. The Village initially received five proposals, which the Village Council narrowed down to three finalists: Tala Coffee, Firecakes Craft Donuts, and Left Coast Food + Juice. The three finalists presented their proposals to the Village Council and the public at the October 12, 2021 Council meeting. The Council finds that all three would be great additions to the community. They are currently identifying which of the proposals is the best fit for the 93 Green Bay Road site and the greater community, as well as the best development partner for this unique and challenging site.
The Village Council has identified the following development goals for the site:
- Return the property to productive taxable commercial use that welcomes residents, students, and visitors to the business district.
- Incorporate a business operation and site design which balances the goals of serving as an amenity to the large daytime school population and the community as a whole, while accommodating the Village’s gateway and streetscape design goals.
- Contribute to improved pedestrian accessibility at the intersection of Winnetka Avenue and Green Bay Road.
- Include highly attractive architectural and landscape design befitting the prominent location and high level of pedestrian activity of the site, and incorporate gateway signage and a public space element.
- Demonstrate recognition of sustainability best practices and include design elements that are environmentally sound and progressive.
For questions, please email us. You can also contact Liz Dechant, Economic Development Coordinator at 847-716-3528.