On Saturday, August 21, 2021, the Village of Winnetka will host a drive-up Document Destruction Recycling Event at the Public Works Yard, 1390 Willow Road, from 9 AM to noon. Residents from Winnetka and other SWANCC communities are eligible to participate. Materials will not be accepted from non-SWANCC residents, businesses, schools, or institutions. IDs will be checked for verification of residency.
Residents will be limited to six file-sized boxes or paper bags containing sensitive documents with personal information, such as medical history forms, bank statements, personal files, and retired tax forms. Paper documents will be shredded on site, recycled at a paper mill, and made into new paper products. It is important to follow directions below as NOT to contaminate this material stream:
- REMOVE all plastic spines/covers/binders and metal clips from documents – small staples are okay.
- DO NOT bring paper in plastic bags. Use paper bags or small boxes.
- DO NOT include photos, slides, negatives, books, store receipts.
- DO NOT include expired plastic credit cards or check cases.
- DO NOT include anything that is a non-paper item.
- RECYCLE your magazines, junk mail, and newspapers in your curbside cart.
COVID-19 Guidelines for this event:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home.
- Wear a mask.
- If applicable, maintain social distancing.
- Place paper to be shredded in one area of your trunk.
- Remain in your vehicle, and unlock/open the trunk of your car from the inside. Staff will unload items.
- When applicable, maintain social distancing.
- Site coordinator may refuse service if guidelines are not followed.
View a list of SWANCC member communities and other recycling opportunities SWANCC offers.