This year marked the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, and to celebrate, Go Green Winnetka invites residents of all ages to submit photos or videos of their eco-friendly activities. Research shows that friends and neighbors can influence one another by demonstrating positive behaviors, so show Go Green Winnetka your best ideas in action! Email Winnetka Earth Day by May 20 for a chance to win a gift card from Graeter’s or Homer’s Ice Cream. View more information on the Winnetka Earth Day Blog.
Need some ideas for eco-friendly activities?
- Turn off electronics at the strip when not in use. And turn off the lights!
- Long showers waste water! Create a 5-7 minute playlist – music over, water off.
- Plan meals to minimize food waste.
- Plant your own garden or herb pots.
- Identify the trees in your yard or on the parkway. Any cool facts about that tree? Post a sign or use sidewalk chalk to teach the rest of us.
- Compost In your yard or sign up for pick-up service