During the winter months, the following are some easy adjustments you can make in your home to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs:
- Properly maintain your furnace to keep it clean and running efficiently.
- Open curtains on winter days to allow natural sunlight to help heat your home.
- Put on an extra sweater or layer of clothing instead of turning up the heat.
- Heat only rooms you regularly use and close off vents to guest rooms or storage areas.
- Invest in proper insulation to prevent heat from escaping.