What is required for a home occupation?

Any business located in a residential zoning district must comply with the followings standards of the Winnetka Zoning Ordinance:

  • No commodity may be kept, displayed, sold, or offered for sale upon the premises
  • No person shall be employed on the premises other than a member of the immediate family residing on the premises
  • No mechanical equipment except that which is used for domestic purposes shall be in operation for the home business

Please email the Community Development Department or call at 847-716-3525, with any questions.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my business is allowed in the Village?
2. Do I need a Certificate of Occupancy for my business?
3. What is required for a home occupation?