Employee Parking Permits
To ensure that customers are able to park while conducting business in Winnetka, owners and employees of brick and mortar businesses in the Elm Street, Hubbard Woods, and Indian Hill Business districts are asked to park in designated Zone A parking spaces during working hours.
A Zone A business/employee parking pass is required in order to utilize these parking zones, and passes are color-coded by district. Permits for employee parking lots (PDF) cost $10 for twelve months, and will be valid through June 30, 2021. The Village is extending the expiration of the current Zone A parking pass to July 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Parking passes are only available to verified employees of shops, restaurants, and offices located in the business districts. Students, home-based businesses, and domestic employees, such as nannies or home healthcare workers, are not eligible.
Application / Renewal
Due to COVID-19, the parking permit purchasing process has become contactless. The Village is providing two options for purchasing employee Zone A Passes:
Option 1 – Organizational Renewal (Preferred)
Using this option, businesses can purchase passes on behalf of their employees. Businesses will be required to:
- Provide an employee roster. Find a template and submit here.
- Pay a combined fee for all passes purchased ($10 per pass), payable via check to “Village of Winnetka” or email the Village to make arrangements to pay online.
Option 2 – Individual Purchase
Using this option, employees will purchase their passes directly from the Village. Employees will be required to:
- Complete and submit an application here.
- Pay $10 fee via check payable to “Village of Winnetka,” mailed to 510 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, IL 60093, or email the Village to make arrangements to pay online.
- Provide current written proof of employment:
- A paycheck stub issued in the last 60 days from a business with a Winnetka address
- A Winnetka business company check used to pay for employee parking permit; or
- A letter on official company letterhead from the Winnetka business that employs the applicant.
Employers wishing to provide an employee roster and make payment as they have in past years using the Village drop box located in the post office parking lot may continue to do so. Call 847-501-6000 to make arrangements, if necessary. Once applications are complete, the Village will mail the parking permits to either the business or individual address, depending on how the permits were requested. Allow 1-2 weeks for permit(s) to arrive.
We ask for your assistance in ensuring that you and your employees obtain the required parking passes before August 1, 2020 and that you adhere with parking in the designated Zone A spaces for business owners/employees. Doing so will help ensure there are spaces available for shoppers and visitors in our Winnetka business districts.
If you have questions, email the Village or call 847-501-6000.
The purchase of a permit does not guarantee that a spot will be available in the most convenient location. Employers have the option of sending the Village a list of all employees on their company letterhead and a completed employee parking permit application for each employee. The Village will then process these permits together.
Business Employee Parking Permits expire this year on July 31, 2020 and new applications should be completed prior to August 1. Individuals serving as residential caretakers or nannies are not eligible to purchase this form of parking pass.