- Boards & Commissions
- Planned Development Commission
Planned Development Commission
- 7 PM on the 1st Wednesday of every month; except the 3rd Wednesday in April
- Village Hall
510 Green Bay Road
Winnetka, IL 60093
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes
|Member||Position||Phone Number||Term Expires|
|Matthew Bradley||Vice Chair||847-624-6498||April, 30 2023|
|Layla Danley||Plan Commission Representative||847-386-6005||April 30, 2023|
|John Golan||Plan Commission Representative||847-446-6062||April 30, 2023|
|Lynn Hanley||Zoning Board of Appeals Representative||847-274-1909||April 30, 2023|
|Bridget Orsic||Chair||312-399-0246||April 30, 2023|
The Planned Development Commission (PDC) consists of nine members. Each member on the PDC shall be selected from the then current members of the Winnetka Plan Commission and the Winnetka Zoning Board of Appeals. The chairperson of the Zoning Board of Appeals is one of the Zoning Board of Appeals members on the PDC. The chairperson of the Plan Commission is one of the Plan Commission members on the PDC.
Each member is appointed by the Village President, with the advice and consent of the Village Council. Members are appointed for two year terms.
Rotation of Members
The body from which the majority of PDC members are drawn, and the body from which the chairperson and vice chairperson are selected, alternate every two years. Accordingly, during the first two year terms, during which the Plan Commission has five members and the Zoning Board of Appeals has four members, the chairperson of the Planned Development Commission is the chairperson of the Zoning Board of Appeals and the vice chairperson is the chairperson of the Plan Commission.
Following the initial two year terms, one appointment from the Plan Commission will be eliminated and one appointment from the Zoning Board of Appeals will be added, so that for the second two year term the composition of the PDC will consist of five Zoning Board of Appeals members and four Plan Commission members, with the chairperson of the Plan Commission serving as chairperson of the Planned Development Commission and the chairperson of the Zoning Board of Appeals serving as vice chairperson.
This rotation between a Zoning Board of Appeals majority and a Plan Commission majority, and the corresponding rotation of the chairperson and vice chairperson, will take place every two years.
The PDC is established by Chapter 3.22 of the Village Code. The primary purpose of the PDC is to review and make recommendations to the Village Council regarding developments requiring planned development approval and any plat of subdivision or special use approvals associated with a planned development.
Powers & Duties
The significant duties of the PDC are to:
- Conduct public hearings and make recommendations to the Village Council on applications for planned developments and amendments or alterations to approved planned developments.
- Consult and cooperate with the Village Council and other Village commissions, boards, and departments on matters related to planned developments within the Village.
- Periodically review and to make recommendations as the Planned Development Commission may deem necessary regarding amendments to the provisions of this chapter and the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance related to planned developments.
- Consider and make recommendations on other matters related to planned developments.